The kitchen in our house is a sad afterthought of a hallway added by the builder because you obviously can't sell a house without a kitchen, but likely they expected nobody would ever eat here. But we do.
My question for you is what should I buy? How do you make your kitchen functional?
My ideas include:
- a hook that will hold our most used iron skillet on the side of a cabinet
- an electrical outlet with both plugs and USB charging outlets
- a solid magazine rack on the side of a cabinet to contain our various devices. This has to be smaller than 11 inches wide though.
- a knife magnet. But again, I only have about a 14 inch spot in which to mount it so it has to be smaller than that.
- Some large bulk storage containers. Something like this. How many? And for what?
- I have one set of these canisters. Is one set enough? What do you put in them?
- potatoes, onions, garlic
- baggies, foil, wraps
- anything else I haven't thought about
So help me brainstorm and figure out what we need!